This stage of your child’s development is a stage of discovery. A time to discover their identity, communication, well-being, learning and communication. The roles of the staff in the Discoverer’s room are to nurture and stimulate these 5 areas of development.
The Educators will demonstrate this through appropriate role modelling, respecting the environment and helping broaden their understanding in the world in which they live. We will be supporting your child in developing their confidence, personal relationships, communication skills and individual talents. Using clear lines of communication between Merri Educators and parents, any questions or information will be much appreciated and met warmly.
Daily Adventures for each child are shared with families via Story Park, our Internal Communication Portal.
Storypark is a secure, private online space that ensured your child receives the best support possible and that you are involved and up-to-date with your child’s development.
Storypark provides each child with an online community which you (their parent/guardian) own and control who has access to, at no cost, for as long as you wish.
Storypark helps educators, children and families:
- improve understanding of each child’s interests and abilities so they receive even better support
- deepen relationships and strengthen communication
- share videos, photos and text capturing children’s learning and development
- create a portfolio of your child’s learning that travels with your child and can be accessed by you forever
- reinforce experiences and deepen children’s learning
- capture family culture and heritage
- involve the children in their portfolio
- interact quickly and effectively through iPhone, Android and tablets
- create smooth transitions when your child moves from one educator/centre to another.
You can choose to add your own stories or leave comments and feedback for children and our teaching team. You can also choose to share these stories with family members if you wish.