In the Explorers room, we understand the difficulty a parent/s feels in leaving their child/ren in care for the first time. Therefore, we aim to:
- ensure all families feel supported during the settling in process by discussing the needs of the family and developing an individual routine for each child.
- recognise and respect that all children are individuals and differ in their skills, abilities and cultural backgrounds and incorporate this into the rooms program.
- foster each child’s individual development and needs by means of encouragement, supervision and role modelling and by providing a wide range of experiences that foster all areas of development as well as taking into account each child’s interests.
- provide an environment which is warm and inviting and allows the children to develop and learn new skills through play.
We believe that all children have the right to an environment that stimulates curiosity, fosters a sense of self-worth and independence, is attentive to the individual needs of all children and allows the children to learn and explore.
Daily Adventures for each child are shared with families via Story Park, our Internal Communication Portal.
Storypark is a secure, private online space that ensured your child receives the best support possible and that you are involved and up-to-date with your child’s development.
Storypark provides each child with an online community which you (their parent/guardian) own and control who has access to, at no cost, for as long as you wish.
Storypark helps educators, children and families:
- improve understanding of each child’s interests and abilities so they receive even better support
- deepen relationships and strengthen communication
- share videos, photos and text capturing children’s learning and development
- create a portfolio of your child’s learning that travels with your child and can be accessed by you forever
- reinforce experiences and deepen children’s learning
- capture family culture and heritage
- involve the children in their portfolio
- interact quickly and effectively through iPhone, Android and tablets
- create smooth transitions when your child moves from one educator/centre to another.
You can choose to add your own stories or leave comments and feedback for children and our teaching team. You can also choose to share these stories with family members if you wish.