In the Kindergarten room we strongly believe that play is an essential component in building and shaping the children’s development for their future.
Through elements of the VEYLF we strive to offer a quality funded Kindergarten program in which:
- Fosters a sense of self worth and autonomy.
- Is stimulating and encourages children to challenge themselves and make choices by using their initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Encourages children to express themselves creatively using dramatic play, a variety of natural materials, music, dance and different art mediums.
- Positively challenges and develops the children’s aesthetic development through discussions and exposure to creative experiences of other children as well as from varying cultures.
- Recognises, reflects and regularly encourages parental input in all spheres of programming.
- Prepares the children for their transition to school.
Daily Adventures for each child are shared with families via Story Park, our Internal Communication Portal.
Storypark is a secure, private online space that ensured your child receives the best support possible and that you are involved and up-to-date with your child’s development.
Storypark provides each child with an online community which you (their parent/guardian) own and control who has access to, at no cost, for as long as you wish.
Storypark helps educators, children and families:
- improve understanding of each child’s interests and abilities so they receive even better support
- deepen relationships and strengthen communication
- share videos, photos and text capturing children’s learning and development
- create a portfolio of your child’s learning that travels with your child and can be accessed by you forever
- reinforce experiences and deepen children’s learning
- capture family culture and heritage
- involve the children in their portfolio
- interact quickly and effectively through iPhone, Android and tablets
- create smooth transitions when your child moves from one educator/centre to another.
You can choose to add your own stories or leave comments and feedback for children and our teaching team. You can also choose to share these stories with family members if you wish.
The bush land here has so much to offer and is a safe distance from roads, water and excessive sun exposure. The trees are shady and the area has enough space for lots of running and playing on the grass. The trees are perfect for climbing. Low down for easy beginners practice and others gradually creeping up higher once ready to explore the upper branches. There are plenty of natural materials to build cubbies, explore, imagine and pretend. The central meeting place is perfect for songs, games, stories and group talks.
At Bush Kinder we apply the same philosophy as we would back home at kinder.
Furthermore, Bush Kinder allows children, families and educators to:
- Learn to respect, care for and understand our natural environment
- Learn to use our imagination, our minds and our spirit – no toys!
- Learn from our natural world in a hands-on way e.g. Insects, birds, seasons, plant and animal life
- Learn how to engage in safe risk taking, e.g. Tree climbing, playing with and building with sticks
- Experience weather in all its glory
- Develop skills in responsibility and independence
- Work as a team and feel connected with our community.
Bush Kinder dates for Terms 1, 2, 3 and 4
|Term 1||Term 2|
|Tuesday, 5 February 2019||Wednesday, 24 April 2019|
|Tuesday, 12 February 2019||Wednesday, 1 May 2019|
|Tuesday, 19 February 2019||Wednesday, 8 May 2019|
|Tuesday, 26 February 2019||Wednesday, 15 May 2019|
|Tuesday, 5 March 2019||Wednesday, 22 May 2019|
|Tuesday, 12 March 2019||Wednesday, 29 May 2019|
|Tuesday, 19 March 2019||Wednesday, 5 June 2019|
|Tuesday, 26 March 2019||Wednesday, 12 June 2019|
|Tuesday, 2 April 2019||Wednesday, 19 June 2019|
|Wednesday, 26 June 2019|
|Term 3||Term 4|
|Thursday, 18 July 2019||Friday, 11 October 2019|
|Thursday, 25 July 2019||Friday, 18 October 2019|
|Thursday, 1 August 2019||Friday, 25 October 2019|
|Thursday, 8 August 2019||Friday, 1 November 2019|
|Thursday, 15 August 2019||Friday, 8 November 2019|
|Thursday, 22 August 2019||Friday, 15 November 2019|
|Thursday, 29 August 2019||Friday, 22 November 2019|
|Thursday, 5 September 2019||Friday, 29 November 2019|
|Thursday, 12 September 2019||Friday, 6 December 2019|
|Thursday, 19 September 2019||Friday, 13 December 2019|
For more information see: