Inventors’ Room: 3 – 4 years
At our centre we firmly believe if children are happy and interested they will learn, learning through play is our philosophy. We a reflective planning style which allows us to cater for all children’s individual needs and therefore we can foster their interests.
In the Inventors room we aim:
- To create a warm, welcome, nurturing and safe environment for every child
- To plan open ended play-based learning experiences based on children’s interests and home culture
- To work alongside parents and communities to help children feel a sense of belonging by sharing their weekend events, celebrations and special items from home & community
- To continue to develop children’s independence skills and hygiene awareness using positive guidance
- To further assist children to build on their problem solving and conflict resolution skills with one another
- Prepare children for kindergarten
Daily Adventures for each child are shared with families via Story Park, our Internal Communication Portal.
Storypark is a secure, private online space that ensured your child receives the best support possible and that you are involved and up-to-date with your child’s development.
Storypark provides each child with an online community which you (their parent/guardian) own and control who has access to, at no cost, for as long as you wish.
Storypark helps educators, children and families:
- improve understanding of each child’s interests and abilities so they receive even better support
- deepen relationships and strengthen communication
- share videos, photos and text capturing children’s learning and development
- create a portfolio of your child’s learning that travels with your child and can be accessed by you forever
- reinforce experiences and deepen children’s learning
- capture family culture and heritage
- involve the children in their portfolio
- interact quickly and effectively through iPhone, Android and tablets
- create smooth transitions when your child moves from one educator/centre to another.
You can choose to add your own stories or leave comments and feedback for children and our teaching team. You can also choose to share these stories with family members if you wish.