2017 Working Bee dates
Participating in working bees is a great way to contribute directly to the centre and to get to know other parents and carers.
Working Bees coming up in 2017
- Sunday 8 January 2017 (prior to Merri opening for the year) - Time – 9am-12pm (8.30am sharp-9am Breakfast)
- Saturday 18 March 2017 – Time – 9am-12pm (8.30am sharp-9am Breakfast)
- Sunday 21 May 2017 - Time – 9am-12pm (8.30am sharp-9am Breakfast)
- Saturday 29 July 2017 - Time – 9am-12pm (8.30am sharp-9am Breakfast)
- Sunday 15 October 2017 - Time – 9am-12pm (8.30am sharp-9am Breakfast)
Merri Gardens and Maintenance subcommittee
What do we do?
- Co-ordinate and implement indoor and outdoor maintenance and minor developments, mostly through working bees
- Oversee the smooth running of working bees on the day
- Working bees involve: cleaning, maintenance, repairs, minor construction, gardening, and are held once per term.
What’s the time commitment?
- We meet generally once per term, a couple of weeks before a working bee, to determine and prepare for the tasks required
- We communicate by email or phone at other times.
- Leading the preparation for and attendance at a minimum of one working bee is required.
What skills can you contribute to the G & M subcommittee?
- Any of the following: planning, organising, ‘handy person’, carpentry, gardening, even just a willingness to help.
You don’t have to be a member of the Committee of Management to join the sub-committee. If you’re interested or want to know more, please let Helen know.